Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, August 17, 2012

Where in the world is the counselor?

While I have always posted a schedule on my office door and often a "counseling in session" sign on my door, it isn't the most elementary student-friendly way of helping students find me. Since many of my students are not yet readers, are just learning English and many struggle with reading, a sign with pictures as well as words is more helpful.

I created these velcro-attached signs about five years ago and find that they are still holding up well. I simply attach one to my door whenever I leave my office as well as when I am meeting with an individual or group to let others know I am busy at the moment.

The patterned paper is approximately 6x6 and my typed-up signs are about 4x4. After I printed my signs and cut them out, I used a glue stick to adhere them to the patterned paper before laminating and adding the velcro. A very simple project with a very practical use!

If you would like my templates, please choose the follow-me button on my blog and I will email you the Microsoft Word templates for you to customize and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment